Admissions at King's View Academy is an easy process. We believe that all learners are unique and that our educational model empowers all learners. We have students attending full-time; part-time; full-time shared between academics at KVA and training at another institution; distance learners; and students who start or complete their programs at KVA at non-traditional school start and end dates. We can accomodate a wide variety of learners and programs here at KVA.
Full-Time, Part-time, and Summer School Enrollments
Our full-time students attend KVA daily. For many the day starts at 8am and ends at 3pm. Usually the focus in the morning is academics (this is when teachers present their curriculum) and the afternoon is for specialty programs such as dance, yoga, music, drama and art.
Part-time students at KVA take one or more courses and tend to work around their own schedules. Progress is based on their available time and their plan to achieve the outcomes over the program period. In some cases part-time students do most of their work at the KVA facility, while other part-time students work from home and attend for labs, assessment, seminars and group work, or for other activities integral to their programs.
Summer school runs 6 weeks, 4 days per week, 3 hours per day for a total of 72 hours. It is generally available to anyone wishing to complete a NS Dept of Education course. Course offerings are generally based on interest and minimal enrollment, so please enroll early.
Flexible and Continuous Enrollment
KVA welcomes students at any point during the school year. Student progress and success is based on that student's ability (supported by KVA staff) to set goals and progress through mastering course outcomes. Each learner takes a unique approach to this.
If you are a student transferring to KVA after the school year has started, we are happy to review and credit you for your progress, and create a program that picks up precisely where you left off.
If, as a KVA student, you complete a course before the end of the course period, we encourage you to revisit your goals and, if possible, start another course. We do not enforce a specific school year (in terms of the time it takes all students to complete a course) but encourage all students to work at their optimum pace and, if possible, complete courses ahead of schedule and immediately pick up the next course.
These are the usual steps that prospective KVA students follow when enrolling at KVA:
- Check out the website. Find out what you can about KVA to start assessing whether it is a good fit for your learning needs.
- Ask questions. Book a visit to the school. Schedule a meeting with the headmistress and principal.
- Express interest in becoming a KVA student.
- Fill out forms (registration, school records request, teacher recommendations).
- Participate in our Student Assessment which includes a variety of instruments that will tell us your current abilities in a variety of subjects so that we can start you at an appropriate place along your learning path.
Downloadable Registration Forms
- Application Form (part A)
- Teacher Recommendation Form (part B)
- School Records Request Form (part C)
- Here is the Summer School Application Form (only for Summer School students)
Downloadable Tuition, Fees and Payment Policy documents
- Tuition and Fees (all), Tuition and Fees for Residents, and Tuition and Fees for Non-Residents.
- Payment Policy
King's View Academy currently offers a residency opportunity for those who desire a safe and comfortable place to live, supervised, readily accessible to bus routes, and meals. Please consult this document for details (currently under construction).